Register to Vote
- The DEADLINE to register to vote in the November 5, 2019, election is October 7.
- To CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION on-line in two minutes, CLICK HERE. (Ohio Secretary of State)
- To REGISTER TO VOTE ON-LINE with driver's license or state ID in six minutes, CLICK HERE. (Ohio Secretary of State)
- Or you can REGISTER TO VOTE AT THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS, 180 Milan Ave., Suite 4, Norwalk. Phone: 419-668-8238.
Of the People
PolitiFact – PolitiFact is an independent fact-checking journalism website aimed at bringing you the truth in politics. PolitiFact won the Pulitzer Prize in 2009 for its fact-checking of the presidential election.
NPR – On-air and online, NPR presents fact-based, independent journalism that examines and airs diverse perspectives. In a time of media fragmentation and sound-bites, NPR has succeeded by focusing on its core: in-depth, quality news.
League of Women Voters – The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Huron County Board of Elections
Ohio Democratic Party
National Democratic Party
Jul. 17 HCDP Policy Committee
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Jul. 28 Wakeman Firefighters Homecoming Festival
Parade begins at 1 PM
Jul. 31 Central & Executive Committee Meeting
7 PM - Central & Executive Committee Meeting
Aug. 12 Huron County Fair
Aug. 12-17 - Huron County Fair
In The News
Explanatory and under-reported news on the issues.
3 Republican Former EPA Heads Rebuke Trump EPA on Climate Policy & Science
(Inside Climate News, June 12, 2019) REGULATORY CAPTURE: Letter from SEVEN former EPA Chiefs sparks House hearing.
Can This Radical Approach to Dairies Save US Farms?
(Civil Eats, Mar. 11, 2019)
- California, the country’s largest dairy-producing state, is currently LOSING ABOUT ONE DAIRY FARM A WEEK.
- Wisconsin, the second-largest producer, is LOSING TWO A DAY;
- [Canada implemented] SUPPLY MANAGEMENT—a program ... to stabilize prices for its own dairy farmers
- The U.S., by contrast, embraced [the] “get big or get out” mandate favoring industrial-scale dairies flooding the market with low-cost milk.
Industrial Agriculture, an Extraction Industry Like Fossil Fuels, a Growing Driver of Climate Change
(Inside Climate News, Jan. 25, 2019)""Mega-sized farming encourages practices that degrade the soil, waste fertilizer and mishandle manure, all of which directly increase emissions of greenhouse gases. At the same time, it discourages practices like "no-till" farming and crop rotation that grab carbon dioxide from the air, store it in the soil and improve soil health. ... Agricultural policy has long emphasized over-production, propped up by government subsidies that favor certain crops. Lawmakers have been unwilling to change the system, largely because of a powerful farm lobby and the might of agribusinesses that profit from technological advancements.""
The Green New Deal Lands in Congress
(Inside Climate News, Feb. 7, 2019) GREEN NEW DEAL resolution introduced ... "It is the DUTY of the Federal Government ..."